NOTE: IN JULY OF 2014 THE MAYOR MADE A WRITTEN PROMISE TO DO SOMETHING SIGNIFICANT
RELATIVE TO THE CEMETERY IN 2015. NOTHING HAS CHANGED TO THIS DATE.
WE NEED YOUR TO HELP THE MAYOR KEEP HIS PROMISE!!!
PLAN OF ACTION
We need to motivate the Konstantynow Lodzki Mayor, and the religious leaders to act to:
1. Find gravestones belonging to the cemetery by:
a. Spreading the word for citizens of Konstantynow Lodzki area
to bring in the gravestones they have in their possession.
(This could be done using flyers, announcements at meetings,
putting up a sign on the cement wall currently in place a the corner
of the cemetery grounds on Laska Street.)
b. Providing a temporary secure storage place for gravestones that are returned.
2. Put up a plaque or monument indicating that the grounds are a Jewish cemetery.
3. Erect a gate and a fence surrounding the cemetery grounds.
4. Erect a monument on the cemetery grounds including the returned gravestones.
5. Hold a dedication ceremony.
WE NEED YOUR HELP !!
Current wall at corner of cemetery grounds